Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Packing Highlights: Random Rolls of Film

Highlight of packing so far: coming across two rolls of undeveloped film. Film, you know, those yellow Kodak rolls of actual film that you used load into a camera, take a bunch of photos without knowing exactly how they'd turn out, unload, take to Walgreen's and wait impatiently while they were developed hoping that at least a couple of them came out okay? In college, it was kind of a rule that you always had to get double prints of every roll of film so you could share the good ones with people. I have a feeling that will come back to haunt me one day, but I digress...

I took these 2 rolls of film to Walgreen's tonight and waited rather impatiently while they were developed to see what part of my past they were from. It's been at least 3 years since I have touched my film camera, so there was no telling what was on them. Turns out, some not-so-bad pictures. One roll was from a trip to the beach at Mustang Island in 2006 and the other was from a short film that I worked on in West Texas in 2009. The beach and West Texas are two of my favorite places so it was rather awesome to see these before I depart and to remind myself how much I love photography (and how little I know about it). Lucky for you I'm taking 3 cameras with me to the Seychelles, all digital ones of course, so you won't have to wait 3 to 6 years to see how my pictures turn out. Here are my favorites...


Mustang Island, TX, 2006








West Texas: Near Terlingua & Alpine, 2009












No comments:

Post a Comment