Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Just Leave Already

My final preparations have looked something like this...

Acquire Equipment
  • Make 47 trips to Walmart (stop judging, their toiletries are cheap and I'm on a strict budget!)
  •  Hemorrhage money at the dive shop
  • Wander aimlessly around Target asking myself if I need the small notebook or the medium sized notebook and will they have paper in the Seychelles? Ooooooh, those are cute sunglasses.....
  • Buy another bottle of sunscreen and add it to the pile, yet forget to buy shampoo, again. 


Yes, those are 4 bottles of sunscreen on the right.
Not pictures: 8 additional bottles of sunscreen. 

Pack Bags
  • Step 1: put like things together in ziploc bags and clearly mark what they are
  • Step 2: pack everything inside 2 bags with the 50 lb limit each
  • Step 3:  Realize I have extra space and weight, panic that I'm not bringing enough clothes and add too much stuff that I will end up giving away once I get there anyways.

Yes, I am bring extra ziploc bags. I hear everything gets moldy otherwise! 

Spend time with family
  • Self explanatory


Note: Not my actual siblings

Note: Not one of my siblings

Note: One of my actual siblings.
He'd be so pissed if he saw this photo, but he doesn't read this blog, so it's cool. 

Golf
  • Continue to fulfill a promise I made to my dad 15 years ago to play a game of real golf with him. Turns out, it ain't so bad. 


Yes, I lost. Again. And will continue to lose, because I am a good daughter.


Test New Dive Camera Housing
  • Less blurry, more fun! 


Defensive little guy

My mom, dangling her feet in the Comal


Bucky, drinking out of the fish tank. Fisheye view, literally. 


Dinner
  • Dine at a restaurant that has a giant Texas flag, heaven forbid I forget where I come from. 


Yes, they only serve fried food. And it was delicious. 

Now all that is left is to pack up my carry on with enough stuff to entertain me for 30 hours (perhaps I should study those corals) and get to the airport on Tuesday and I'll finally be on my way!  














1 comment:

  1. Would you leave already! :) Bon yonder, friend. Texas will be waiting for your return.

    ReplyDelete