Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Arrived!

After two long but painless flights, I arrived in Seychelles! We flew in right at sunrise, so I got a nice view of the islands - particularly Mahe, the main island and it is just as spectacular as I imagined. The center of the island is full of steep granite covered in dense trees and the island is surrounded by crystal clear turquoise water. 

I'm staying in Beau Vallon on Mahe for the next two days before I head to the research center on Saturday. Below are some pics from my afternoon on the beach, the water is the perfect temperature, whatever that equates to in Celsius and the sand is silky soft. Tough life so far. Tomorrow will be more of the same - relaxing on the beach, playing with my camera in the water, and of course - studying my corals.

Flying in to Victoria

A Kate Poss must  - the feet on beach photo, Indian Ocean

Beach right outside my hotel

Feet photo, with the GoPro

Beau Vallon, Mahe Island
Playing in the water with the GoPro

Wave! (Right before it knocked me over)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kate tremendous job so far!! painless flight, beautiful beach, frolicking in surf!!! its the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! Yay for you! Glad you made it safely....xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate. Love the pics. We're all living this adventure along with you...
    Auntie Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super duper excited for you!!!!! YAY KATE POSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you arrived safely..Looks like you found paradise island.,,G & G

    ReplyDelete