Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas in Seychelles

This year was my first year away from home and family for Christmas, and I couldn't have picked a better place to be - Beau Vallon with lots of new friends. Christmas Eve involved diving, hanging out with friends, eating more cookies and cake than I should eat in an entire month, beers on the beach and then joining in on a poolside dance party at one of the hotels we walked by on the way home. We didn't technically "crash" the dance party, as we politely asked the security guard for permission to join in, the bright disco lights and loud music were just too inviting to pass up (along with the theme song of Seychelles - "Chop My Money" which started playing as soon as we hit the dance floor). We woke up on Christmas morning to a fun surprise - Santa visited us and left presents on the balcony for everyone. Most of the morning was spent trying to figure out who set up the gifts, but turns out Santa can in fact find you no matter where you are. Christmas Day was filled with lots of cooking, eating and hanging out at one of my favorite spots - the balcony at the ol' flat that I moved out of a week ago.  Though I did miss my family and definitely missed my mom's Christmas casserole, it was really fun to spend the holidays with a fun group of great people from all over the world who were also away from home.

Birthday Dive at Grouper Point



The "big" Christmas tree in downtown Victoria





Nativity Scene! (for my Grandma)

Santa!!!!

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner

Christmas drinks on the balcony

my favorite view






1 comment:

  1. We missed you, but it was made better knowing you were where you wanted to be. MOM

    ReplyDelete