Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Best Dive Ever

Each Wednesday we go on turtle dives, which means we are paired up in buddy teams of 2, dropped in somewhere in the bay and told to swim left or right. The boat takes off leaving us on our own and we descend to our appropriate depth and start swimming 30 meters in one direction, turning left or right, swimming for 10 meters, turning and swimming back the other way and so on looking for turtles the entire time. If we see a turtle, we abandon our back and forth pattern and follow the turtle observing it the entire time. This past Wednesday was the last dive day for the 4 weekers and I was paired up with another American, Sage, who is leaving this weekend. Not only did we see a turtle, but we saw an eel, clownfish, lobster, nudibrand and a whole series of awesome fish. I took lots of video of the dive and have made a nice little compilation video, but the internet is too slow to upload it right now! In the meantime, pictures will have to suffice. So far, it was my best dive here, but I have over 100 left so I'm sure I'll top it soon.

Can you find the eel? 

My hair always looks awesome underwater and on land

Can you find the lobster?

Lobster Tail

Sage and I

TURTLE! 

TURTLE!

TURTLE!

TURTLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment