Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Definition of Home

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”  
- Joseph Campbell


My cats weren't initially part of my life plan, but I stumbled across them and adopted them shortly after college and they soon became my new definition of home. Wherever my cats were, that was my home. 

My cats have been a source of companionship, happiness and joy in a life that was sometimes lacking in all three.  After working crazy, long hours I'd come home to their furry faces, wanting me to cuddle or play. It is entirely possible that their meows were just their way of asking me about my day. No matter how long I was working, who I was living with, how long I'd been gone or where I was packing up and moving them to next; they were always been the same - Clementine petite, sweet and silly and Nutmeg mischievous, goofy and quite demanding of all my attention. They could always make me laugh and would stop me, even just momentarily, from thinking about whatever problems or concerns that were going through my mind at the end of each day. They are good little kitties and very dear to me. 

Now, however, I am giving up my home in pursuit of a dream and with that, means giving up my two furballs in hopes of a better life for both them and for me. For them, I hope their new home is a safe, warm, loving home full of sparkly toys, tuna and feathers on a string - a happy, safe place to live out their remaining years. 

For me, I hope my new home is a place filled with happiness, joy and adventure. My home will be wherever the Universe takes me and wherever I choose it to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment